Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana and Mukhya Mantri Fasal Sahayata Yojana
Cabinet approved the Prime Minister’s Crop Insurance Scheme on January 13, 2016 to remove the uncertainties in relation to the farmers’ crop. The Prime Minister’s Crop Insurance Scheme will reduce the loss of farmers’ crops due to natural calamities, by reducing the premiums of the farmers to a limit. 8,800 crore rupees will be spent for this scheme. Under the Prime Minister’s Crop Insurance Scheme, farmers will pay a premium of 2% premium for the kharif crop and 1.5% premium for Rabi crop, fixed by insurance companies. In this, insurance installments to be paid by farmers against poor crops due to natural calamities have been kept very low, which can be easily paid by farmers to each level. This scheme not only provides protection for Kharif and Rabi crops but also for commercial and horticultural crops, for the annual commercial and horticultural crops, farmers will have to pay 5% premium (installment). To know more Visit : http://pmfby.gov.in/ or http://agri-insurance.gov.in
Guidelines of Insurance Schemes
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
- Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS)-Operational Guidelines (OGs)
- Unified Package Insurance Scheme (UPIS)-Operational Guidelines (OGs)
- National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS)- Scheme and Operational Modalities
- National Crop Insurance Proqramme (NCIP) – Modified National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (MNAIS), Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS) & Coconut Palm Insurance Scheme (CPIS) – Operational Guidelines.
- Draft report of the Committee constituted for preparation of draft guidelines for setting up AWSs, ARGs & their accreditation, standardization, validation and quality management of weather data.
- Comparative Statement of Crop Insurance Schemes
District Statistical Office, Collectorate, Sheikhpura
District Statistical Office,
Location : District Statistical Office, Collectorate, Sheikhpura | City : Sheikhpura | PIN Code : 811105
Phone : 06341224903 | Mobile : 9431208685 | Email : dao-she-bih[at]nic[dot]in