Agriculture Market Network – AGMARKNET
Sheikhpura District have one market over AGMARKNET portal by name Sheikhpura. This online market price recrod system launched in March 2000 to provide electronic connectivity to the wholesale markets of the country. The objective is to collect, analyse and disseminate market information to the farmers, traders, Policy makers and other stakeholders. More than 3200 markets are covered under the scheme and more than 2700 markets are reporting data at Agmarknet portal. More than 350 commodities and 2000 varieties are covered under the scheme.
To know more please visit portal: http://agmarknet.gov.in
The scheme is being implemented by the Directorate of Marketing & Inspection with technical assistance from the National Informatics Centre (NIC) and in association with the State Agricultural Marketing Boards/Directorates and APMCs.
Market Information about the price and arrival etc. for the agricultural produce is very vital to the farmers taking proper production and marketing decisions. The existence and dissemination of complete and accurate market information is key to achieve both operational and pricing efficiency in the marketing system.
Objective of the Scheme:
- To establish a Nation-wide market information Network for speedy collection and
- To facilitate collection and dissemination of information related to better price dissemination of market information and data for its efficient and timely utilisation. realization and market access by the farmers. This would cover:
- Market related information
- Price related information
- Infrastructure related information
- Market requirement related information
- To sensitize and orient farmers to respond to new challenges in agricultural marketing by using IT as a vehicle of extension.
- To improve efficiency in agricultural marketing through regular training and extension for reaching region- specific farmers in their local language.
- To provide assistance for marketing research to generate market information for its dissemination to farmers and other market functionaries at grass root level to create an ambience of good marketing practices in the country
- The information relating to the Schemes in respect of agricultural marketing implemented by the Government Departments and central agencies. Once the farm produce is standardised and labelled, backed by quality certification, it can be directly offered for sale on spot exchange in national and international markets.
The AGMARKNET portal is also serves as a single window for assessing websites of various organisation concerned with Agricultural Marketing. It also provides weekly price trend report for important markets in respect of major agricultural commodities. It is linked with the Online Exchange Portals for providing spot and future prices for important commodities. International price trends of various agricultural commodities are also accessible through this portal.
- DMI Portal
- Marketing Board
- Research Studies
- Commodity Profiles
- Food Outlook
- Market Profile
- Wholesale Markets
- Market Atlas
- SMS Registration
- Performance Monitoring
District Level Agriculture Officers
District Agriculture Office, Sheikhpura
District Agriculture Office, New JNV School,
VIP Road, Sheikhpura -811105
Location : District Agriculture Office, New JNV School, VIP Road, Sheikhpura | City : Sheikhpura | PIN Code : 811105
Phone : 06341223304 | Mobile : 9431818750 | Email : dao-she-bih[at]nic[dot]in